My Peer Toolkit
My Peer Toolkit is a resource aimed at supporting agencies to implement and evaluate peer-based programs for young people using good practice guidelines.
Evaluation assists organisations to assess to what extent a project has achieved pre-determined objectives. In the longer term, evaluation also attempts to link a particular output or outcome directly to a program after a period of time has passed.
Monitoring and evaluation are fundamental aspects of good program management at all levels and can be effective tools to enhance project planning by:
- Providing data on program progress and effectiveness;
- Improving program management and decision-making;
- Allowing accountability to stakeholders, including funders;
- Providing data to plan future resource needs;
- Providing evidence on effectiveness that could help to secure continued funding or additional funding for new initiatives that build on previous work; and
- Providing data useful for policy-making and advocacy.
The toolkit also includes Evaluation Frameworks, Ethical Considerations, Indicators for Evaluation and Data Collection Methods.
Resource: My Peer Toolkit - Evaluation