Migrant Information Centre (Eastern Melbourne) (MIC)
Migrant Information Centre (Eastern Melbourne) (MIC) supports culturally and linguistically diverse people and their families, older people, people with disabilities and their carers, community groups and service providers in the Eastern Region of Melbourne to enhance their settlement and access to services and strengthen their participation within the community.
MIC is supporting clients and community members during COVID-19
MIC is currently accepting referrals for:
- Their settlement program for new arrivals,
- Access and Support Program to assist people to access aged care and disability services,
- Community Visitors Scheme Program connecting volunteers to older people to help reduce social isolation,
- family violence counselling for women and families and
- support for people seeking asylum.
During COVID-19, MIC are also offering critical support to people experiencing financial hardship. While their offices are physically closed except for urgent client matters, their staff are available to assist clients, external agencies and other members of our community remotely.
MIC staff are also available to support external agencies looking for advice on working with people from diverse backgrounds. This includes tailored training programs for professionals on a range of topics, tailored to meet the needs of staff.
Group programs and activities for their community members are now being delivered online. Their programs include:
- information sessions on a range of topics,
- sewing and craft programs,
- senior’s groups,
- homework support programs for primary and secondary school students and
- youth activities.
For more information about their programs please visit the events calendar below.
If you would like to make a referral, seek support or would like any further information about their programs and services, please phone MIC on 03 9285 4888 or email [email protected]
Events Calendar: Migrant Information Centre (Eastern Melbourne)