Identifying and Responding to Family Violence Project
Inner North West Primary Care Partnership (INW PCP), HealthWest Partnership, North East Healthy Communities, Hume Whittlesea Primary Care Partnership, Victorian State Government
The project aim was to provide a more streamlined and coordinated service system response to family violence by:
- Building the capacity of health and mainstream organisations to effectively identify and respond to family violence
- Supporting organisations to develop a whole of organisation approach to family violence
- Strengthening and consolidating the pathways between mainstream health organisations and the integrated family violence sector across the North West Metropolitan Region (NWMR).
The Family Violence Project Resources included:
- Step by Step Guide
- Managers' Training Package
- Family Violence Policy Templates
- Guidelines for Identifying and Responding to People Who Cause Family Violence Harm
- Useful Links & Resources
The intention of the project is that the deliverables and findings can be used to inform other PCP catchments and interested stakeholders, and the resources remain relevant templates for organisations to use to build their capacity to effectively identify and respond to family violence.
An Evaluation Report was released in 2018 with the purpose to assess the implementation of project activities in phases two and three of the project, and examine the impact of the project on the systems, practices and processes of participating member agencies.
Topics: VicPCP, Systems Integration, Family Violence, Inner North West Primary Care Partnership