No Limitations - Stories, Play, Kinder, School
During July and August 2020, Women's Health East (WHE) facilitated a free online series exploring ways for parents and carers to challenge gender stereotypes in the early years (0-8 yrs).
- Promoting gender equality in children stories featuring children's author Nelly Thomas
- Promoting gender equality in play with Loren Imbrogno from Level Playground
- Promoting gender equality at kindergarten and primary school with DET Respectful Relationships Lead Aimy McAninly and Birralee Primary School Teacher & Wellbeing Coordinator Kavita Parmar.
Sessions were funded by City of Manningham Council and brought together more than 100 carers, parents and early years sector workers.
The following resources from the series are available on the WHE website:
- Why promote gender equality in the early years
- Tips for Parents/Carers: Stories
- Tips for Parents/Carers: Play
- Copies of the Presentation Slides.