Speaking Out Media Advocacy Program
The Women's Health East Speaking Out program ensures that the voices of women who have experienced family violence and sexual assault are heard through the media and public events.
Advocates have extensive knowledge and insight about the experience and impact of violence. Media Advocacy is a powerful tool to provide information and education to a broad and diverse audience and is an effective and safe way to prevent violence against women.
- Provide personal insights on the impact of sexual assault and family violence
- Challenge commonly held beliefs around sexual assault and family violence
- Inform the development and review of services and systems, by sharing knowledge and experience of the sexual assault and family violence service sector
- Inform the development and review of workplace policies, and guide employers and colleagues to support women who have experienced sexual assault and family violence
- Correct misconceptions and stereotypes about victims
- Encourage the community to take action to prevent violence against women.
Proudly supporting Together for Equality and Respect Partnership (TFER)
Contact: Women's Health East Speaking Out program
Video: Speaking Out Program