Strengthening Women in Melbourne's Outer East
As a vital strategy to prevent violence against women, Eastern Health's - Health Promotion Team aims to promote girl's and women's independence and decision making in public and private life.
The work focused on five strategies:
- Promote women’s independence and decision making in public life.
- Promote women’s independence and decision making in private life.
- Empower girl's and young women through schools to enhance their capacity for independence.
- Connecting women to facilitate peer based support.
- Enhance and promote women’s health and wellbeing.
- Local Democracy in Action & the Journey Begins with Voices of Women
- Getting Girls In – increasing participation in Female Football
- Taking it Step by Step Mentoring Women Program in Yarra Ranges
- Healesville Women 4 Women
- Voices of Women
- Women of Warburton
- Leading the Change – Women’s Mental Health and Respectful Relationships
- Supporting women to be physically active in recreation facilities – This Girl Can.
Refer to the resources below for detailed information about each of these programs.
Contact: Eastern Health - Health Promotion