Our Ageing Bodies Forum
Ageing populations are new in human history and we are yet to adapt to them. This includes developing the products and services required for both mature age and older adults.
In February 2022 the Inner East Primary Care Partnership (IEPCP) held the Our Ageing Bodies: Wellbeing in Practice Forum. The Forum was for anyone with a professional or personal need to understand age-related physiological changes including:
- social workers
- occupational therapists, and
- fitness and aged-care professionals.
Guest speakers included:
- Lena Gan, who is an expert in ageing and provided a brief evidence-based overview of some of the many physiological changes that come with age.
- Lianne Metcalf, a somatic movement practitioner, and Director at Live Mindfully Australia.
- Lana Holien and Tom Thompsett from City of Boroondara who discussed how councils can work with community partners to encourage older adults to re-engage with exercise post lockdown and overcome common barriers to participation.
Recording: Our Ageing Bodies: Wellbeing in Practice