The Hello Neighbour program was aimed at promoting and building connected communities across the City of Monash. A key feature of the project was the Monash Community Ambassadors. This initiative provided a unique opportunity for culturally and linguistically diverse community members to advise Council and influence project directions.
The Community Ambassadors helped:
- mobilise their networks to reach the broader community,
- create stronger cross-cultural connections, and
- share their culturally diverse perspectives and experiences to support mainstream groups.
Some of the key initiatives delivered include:
- ‘Longing for Home’ Textile Art project
- We Stand Together as One Community ‘Say No to Racism’ forums
- Resilience Against Racism workshop series
- Cultural Awareness and Bystander Intervention training
- Places of Worship Open Day
- Monash Youth Interfaith Panel Discussion
- Flavours of Monash cookbook.
Website: Hello Neighbour