Morning Move for Mind
Morning Move for Mind is a pilot program from Inspiro, Belgravia Leisure, Generation Run and Yarra Valley Water.
The program aims to increase physical activity and provide practical coping strategies to reduce stress and anxiety levels, and increase resilience among primary school aged children. The program is delivered as part of the Department of Education's Respectful Relationships curriculum.
Two Primary Schools in the Yarra Ranges participated in the 8 week pilot program during Term 3 in 2019.
The program found:
- Student physical activity increased by an average 61 minutes per week
- 82% of students strongly agreed or agreed their knowledge of wellbeing strategies had increased
- 100% of teachers strongly agreed or agreed their knowledge of wellbeing strategies had increased
- 65% of students strongly agreed or agreed that their concentration in class was better after the program
- 75% of teachers strongly agreed or agreed that their students concentration in class was better after the program
- 66% of students felt positive after the morning session.
Video: Morning Move for Mind
Contact: [email protected]