Early Detection and Early Screening Cancer lesions pilot program
The EMROHN is taking part in the ‘Early Detection and Early Screening Cancer lesions pilot program’, with the initial pilot encompassing Public, Private, Regional and Metropolitan clinics. Dental Health Services Victoria is delivering the training to all Oral Health professionals.
The training will cover:
- The various lesions (Benign & Malignant).
- How to conduct an exam.
- How to take quality photos with a SLR camera.
- Training will also touch on Oesophageal Cancers and how to recognise the signs and referral pathways.
- How to have difficult conversations with patients around diagnosis which often happens chair side, and
- Next steps are after the facts is also a big component of the Early Detection and Early Screening Cancer Lesions pilot program.
- Case studies will also be incorporated.
Contact: Diana Roggenbucke, Project Manager, EMROHN
Email: [email protected]