Women's Health In the North
Women's Health In the North (WHIN) is the health promotion and advocacy organisation for the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne (NMR). WHIN seeks to eliminate gender inequalities and improve the health, safety and wellbeing of women and gender diverse people.
WHIN’s vision is that women and gender diverse people in the north have voice, choice and power in all aspects of their health, safety and wellbeing.
The principles that form the basis of WHIN’s work include:
- human rights and social justice
- collaborative leadership
- inclusivity, and
- environment and place.
WHIN's functions include:
- provision of health information and education to women and organisations
- developing policy and research
- creating innovative resources
- training health and welfare professionals
- supporting and partnering with other organisations on issues of strategic importance.
Website: Women's Health In the North
Resources: Sexual and Reproductive Health