Kitchen Garden and Cooking Program
The Kitchen Garden and Cooking Program is an initiative from The Harvest Collective, a partnership between Inspiro and Melba Support Services.
This free program provides school children and community members the opportunity to work together to grow, and harvest planned vegetable crops that in turn are used to prepare seasonal ‘Real Food’ lunches in canteens, in a ‘Whole school’ grass roots approach.
The program provides the following opportunities:
- Students learn how to grow, harvest and rotate vegetable crops.
- Students learn how to prepare meals utilising the crops.
- Work with community members living with disability.
- Run 'Real Food' Canteen Days at no cost to your school.
- Provide excess meals to families, giving back to the community.
Email: [email protected]