Engaging Men and Boys in Melbourne's Outer East
The Eastern Health - Health Promotion Team have engaged in strategies and projects with a particular focus on engaging with men and boys for the prevention of violence against women (PVAW).
The work focused on five strategies:
- Engage men to challenge condoning of violence against women.
- Promote healthier masculinities in boys and teenagers.
- Engage men in key community settings to promote healthier masculinities.
- Build capacity to engage men and promote healthier masculinity in the PVAW sector.
- Reorientate services and settings to increase father engagement to promote respectful relationships and challenge gender stereotypes.
The projects and strategies included:
- Leading the Change - Equality is the game sessions
- Supporting the Rights, Resilience and Respectful Relationships Framework at Schools
- Promoting Healthy Masculinities in the East for PVAW - Steering Group
- Communities of Practice presentations
- Development of Engaging with Resistance Guide
- Father engagement in the Child and Family Team.
Refer to the resources below for detailed information about each of these projects and strategies.
Report: Engaging Men and Boys in Melbourne's Outer East
Summary: Engaging Men and Boys in Melbourne's Outer East
Contact: Eastern Health - Health Promotion