The Maroondah Liquor Accord
The Maroondah Liquor Accord has strong membership and engagement with a broad range of licensees including hotels, restaurants/cafes, late night clubs, packaged liquor outlets, cinemas and sporting clubs.
Liquor Accords are voluntary partnerships between licensees, Victoria Police, Council and the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation that encourage and promote best practice and high standards of behaviour in and around licensed premises.
Accord benefits include:
- Keeping up-to-date with changes to liquor laws
- Networking with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Improving relationships between venues, Council and Police
- Undertaking joint initiatives, and
- Sharing information and knowledge.
Outcome: Liquor accords contribute to safer communities, by adopting a collaborative approach to managing the environment in and around licensed businesses and to improve venue/club management, amenity and patron safety through an agreed set of guidelines.
Contact: Robyn Williams, Council’s Safe and Liveable Communities Officer
Email: [email protected]
Website: Maroondah Liquor Accord