Behind the Clutter: A Client's Perspective of Hoarding
In 2020, the former Outer East Primary Care Partnership and the Maroondah Hoarding and Squalor Network (MHSN) developed a set of four personas to represent the MHSN community;
- 2 clients with hoarding challenges,
- a family member, and
- a worker from the sector.
Personas are fictional, yet believable prototypes that are developed to represent a group in the community. They have individual names and stories that reflect personal attributes and behavioural characteristics such as needs, goals, attitudes and fears and frustrations.
The purpose of developing these personas was to:
- Raise awareness of the issue of hoarding and its complexities.
- Build empathy for clients with hoarding behaviours.
- Better understand the challenges faced by those supporting people with hoarding behaviour (family members and workers).
Resource: Behind the Clutter: A Client's Perspective of Hoarding